Monday, February 9, 2009

FEB 9, 2009 - Box (30)

This is a box filled with gold, frankincense and myrrh.


Growing up, I always celebrated the Feast of the Epiphany. We ate king cake, and had parties at school, etc. It was fun, but, as a child, I never thought about the religious meaning of the holiday--even though we did it every year. So...one year a bought this box and had a big celebration with the kids. We blessed the house, read bible & secular stories, ate king cake, etc. I'm sure they had fun and at gained some understand of the religious meaning. That was in 2007. In 2008, We did nothing, but the box was in the Christmas stuff that is still in the garage. I was prompted to get the box, because, last week, a friend sent me a picture of a king cake. It made me wish I had had my party.

2 comments:

  1. What a contrast you have wih the black, red, and white. My favorite colors. I love seeing these gifts for the Christ Child. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Linda. A great story, too.

    ReplyDelete