Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feb 25, 2009 California Missions - Santa Barbara


There is a chain of 21 missions along California's El Camino Real ("The Royal Highway") . All have been, to some extent, restored and can be visited. I live near three of them, so whenever I visit one, I will probably take a few pictures and post them. I'm creating a theme called California Missions. Mission Santa Barbara is the only mission to remain under the leadership of the Franciscan Friars since the day of its founding.

This is a fantastic historical site. Mass is still held in the Old Mission Church. I am not satisfied with the photos that I took of the Church, so I'll try again next time.


Blogger Question-Can anyone help? I can't figure out why some of my images enlarge when you click them and some don't. From my computer, the second image, from today's post, enlarges, but the first does not. Both of the images were uploaded at the same time. Yesterday's post doesn't enlarge at all. Is that the way its working for you? Does anyone have any idea why?


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you are going to show us the missions. I grew up in California and the study of the missions (3rd Grade, I think) was the most memorable of my elementary school subjects. I like your shots, especially the closer one of the bell tower.

    I sure hope you get an answer to your image size question. The only thing I can think is that you are not selecting 'large' when you upload, or somehow some of your image sizes are smaller than the template allows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a blogger so I am not sure why!

    I do love your mission pictures - so simple yet beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not trying to ask silly questions Linda but are the images that you posted the same size/Dimensions. The only time that happened to me I had uploaded a thumbnail.

    Love the mission shots, in particular the second and not just because it is behaving it self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these missions. I would love to see them. Beautiful blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shots! hope you get the size thing figured out with out too much frustration.

    ReplyDelete