Monday, February 23, 2009

FEB 23, 2009 - Window (362)


When I walked into my friends house, I knew, immediately, that I wanted to photograph her living room. I loved the tree that you can see through the window. I knew the exposure would be tricky for me. I tried using a flash, but you could see the light reflecting on the window, and I didn't like that. Around dusk, I was able to capture it. I'm not very good at this "see though the window" exposure. It took a long time for me to get anything, but that is what this is about--learning.

6 comments:

  1. Never understood those seats as you can't see out good take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You caught a great picture - that is hard to do shooting directly into an open window - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is indeed a difficult shot, you captured the magnolia well. Without taking 2 exposures I don't know how you could do better. Then of course you need to drag a tripod to your friend's lovely room ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes you wonder why the chairs don't look out the windows, thats where life happens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really impressed with the exposure you got here. Good for you for waiting until dusk to capture it...

    And, it is a very pretty room...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I am impressed. Nice shot GJD..

    ReplyDelete