Sunday, February 8, 2009

FEB 8, 2009 - Toys (334)



This is a bakugan. It is difficult to describe, exactly, what it is. It is a toy, but it is also a game. You might call it an action figure. The card that the bakugan is sitting on gives it power, and the kids battle, somehow. There is a trading aspect related to it. The bakugan folds into a ball, and players roll it on the card. The card has a magnet in it which make the bakugan pop into a figure. A bakugan battle take place at that point. I don't know how the battle works. You would think that I could be a lot more articulate in this explanation, but I have no idea what my kids are talking about when they attempt to explain the "full nature" of the bakugan, daily. There is a huge generation gap between my kids and myself, when it comes to this toy. I just don't even want to understand, but I spend a lot of time, reluctantly, experiencing the bakugan :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my word! My nephew received lots of these as Christmas gifts. It was pretty funny watching a 5 year old explain the rules to his dumbfounded father! None of us could get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, as of yet, unfamiliar with the Bakugan.

    Does the magnet make the Bakugan unfurl into battle at the same point on its card every time?

    Also, I like the pic. It makes the Bakugan look, all at once, funny/dangerus/childish/powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great closeup of the Bakugan thingie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture is awesome--- how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I have been doing a long-term sub in third grade, I have accumulated a draw full of these. Kids are wild about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad my son has outgrown this type of toy. But even at 11, he refuses to let me throw out his Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh cards. Your photo is pretty darn cool looking!

    ReplyDelete