Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FEB 19, 2009 - Architectural Details (13) The Library

There is no place on earth that I've spent more time (other than my own home) than THE library. The one at the school I work at is in jeopardy due to budget cuts. What a tragedy that would be.


The building is very inviting. There are unique architectural elements and a nice mix of artificial and natural light. (Getting the proper white balance was a nightmare. I couldn't put a gray card in the ceiling.) If you look closely you can see strings running parallel with the beams that student work, sun catchers, etc. are, sometimes, hung from. The effect is that the objects look like they are suspended in the air.




Does this pic work for any or our themes? I've already used repeating pattern. I am going to post a couple more pics from this library.

7 comments:

  1. What a cool library I wish ours was as warm and inviting as yours! Hope it survives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic library! Your shot is great - I like how it focuses on the great natural light. Is it circular? Your could always use the "Reading Material" theme. Or just make your own theme...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading Material, Architecture or even close cropped would do. This is a magnificent shot enlarged it fills up my 24" Dell Monitor and the detail is great. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curving lines in the ceiling area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! and your commentary too! I can't imagine any school without a library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shot that captures so many aspects of the architectural detail. All encompassing - it really gives a great sense of the space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible library and great job capturing it on "film"!

    ReplyDelete