Saturday, March 28, 2009

MAR 28, 2009 - Mechanisms (181)


My kids use this kit/toy to make electrical connections. They can turn on a light bulb or alarm or something and learn about electricity without the threat of electrocution. I, normally, like to have nothing to do with it, but they left it out on the table so I thought it would be a cool thing to photograph. Unfortunately, it was just my luck that they put all the pieces back in the box, so I had to put it together myself. For some reason, the light went on and off intermittently, instead of staying on, so I had to try and time the shutter just right.

8 comments:

  1. My boys used to have something similar, it makes for a really cool image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool toy to have fun and learn with. Great photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it scarry when you decide to relive your childhood again - and fail. Makes you realize how lucky you were last time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to learn about electricity - it looks like a really fun toy! Good perspective on the photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clicked at just the right time!! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool image. I like all of the bright colors and the straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, that's dedication to the challenge! I wonder if I would even have managed to get the light to go on at all, let alone intermittently. ;-)

    It did make a really great shot for the theme...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this! The colors are great fun and it's perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete