Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009 - (265) Rolling

It was a bleak day for the beach, but it was great day for a hike. Some friends and I took a long trail over a BIG hill to the beach. Getting there was no problem, but the hike back was so hard. Even through the fog, the view was beautiful. When it is clear, the view is spectacular. I am going to try and wait until I take photos on a clear day to post pics of the view from the hike, but here is one of the "rolling" tide.


Camera Data: Sony A350
Lens: Minolta 50mm f/1.5
Shutter Speed: 1/640 second
Aperture: f/11
ISO: 200

When we finally got to the beach, I wanted to stay longer. But it had taken 2 hours to get there and everyone had things to do, so we stayed just long enough for me to take a few pics and then we were off. It was awesome to be on a semi deserted beach. Usually the beach is teaming with people. There were people, but definitely room to stretch out.

4 comments:

  1. I am struck by what a beautiful place you live in, from the rolling hills of your previous shot to the crashing waves in this post. These are really fantastic shots - I can almost feel the sand under my feet and hear the sound of the surf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I love other people's hiking shots! Hope to see more view on another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could go on that hike - how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. I have never seen the Pacific Ocean.

    ReplyDelete