Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday, May 8, 2009 - My Rose Garden

This is a purple rose called Ebb Tide. The color, in the photo, isn't as true to life as I hoped. The rose is actually purple. That is why I wanted to photograph it. The auto white balance on my camera isn't very accurate. I should have used a gray card. I felt rushed, because I wanted to get the photo before the dew vanished, but the result is pink, instead of purple.


Camera Data:Sony A350
Lens: Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 Macro
Shutter Speed: 2.5 second
Aperture: f/32
Focal Length: 200 MM
ISO: 100

f/3.5, Exposure 1/60

8 comments:

  1. Love those water drops! Very nice take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. purple smurple a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo and the rose is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful photo, Linda. The dewdrops are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love purple and would love to see a purple rose, but this one is stunning even in its pink coat...the water droplets are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty! I LOVE the little droplets of water that cover them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice capture on the dew drops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful!! I love the dew drops.

    ReplyDelete