Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2, 2009 - Skipping Rocks

I went camping recently and took some photos. I really, really worked hard for this shot. My kids love to skip rocks, and I have lots of photos of their backs or side shots of them skipping rocks. However, on this camping trip, I noticed that there was a peninsula not too far away that I could hike to and take a photo of the kids from the front. So I put the camera, tripod and the big lens in the backpack and went the long way around to the peninsula to take photos. We worked up a sign language so that I could tell them when to throw. What we 365ers won't do for a photo :)

5 comments:

  1. LOL - I know the feeling. It's amazing the lengths we'll go to to get the shot! And it was worth it for this good shot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a relaxing afternoon to me! :) Your efforts were well worth it - great action shot! If he is anything like my boys, he could stand there all day throwing rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That's what I spent half the day watching my son do on Saturday! It looks like you got a great shot (probably more than one) but I really wish darn blogger would let me enlarge it! (I know you probably uploaded a large version but it won't click!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't you just walk out into the lake? :-)

    Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic pastime and one fun shot. Well worth the hike. It would be wonderful to see it larger.

    ReplyDelete