Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17, 2009 - Canine Companion (41)

Well, we've finally done it. We got a puppy. We went and saw this little gal and paid for her. We can't take her home yet, because, soon, we are going out of town. But, when we return, we'll take her home. My smallest son cried when we left. It was little condolence that soon she would be ours. We are thinking about names. Samba seems to be at the top of the list.


This dog is a Black Mouth Cur mixed with a Border Collie. That translates better as mutt, but I think she will make a good family dog.

Note: In effort to get this photo to enlarge, I published it twice in two different sizes. Nothing seems to work. If anyone has any ideas, please pipe in. Blogger enlarges randomly, from what I can tell.

P.S. Now, I tried it one more time, with the first size that I uploaded, and it is enlarging. I really think that it is just luck.

9 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart! I can understand your son wanted to bring her home right away :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shot and look at the size of those ears! What a charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a keeper, I think I would have stayed home, there is intelligence and deep loyalty in that young but old face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is absolutely darling. Looking forward to all of the themes you can fit her into, as she comes home and grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! There's nothing better than a puppy (& puppy breath lol)romping around with children. I'm sure you'll have lots of photos to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetie! She'll be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, she looks calm and sweet. I'd make up a better breed name than that, cur has bad vibes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little puppy! I hope she fits right in with your family.

    ReplyDelete