Tuesday, April 28, 2009

APR 28, 2009 - New (198)

My older son (8 yrs. old) came home and said that he had taken a walk to see baby owls, at school. Of course, I was intrigued. So he and his teacher were nice enough to show me where they were so I could get a pic. My younger son went with us. He has just gotten glasses, but he didn't have them on. When we got home, I asked him how did he like seeing the owls. He said that he didn't see anything, just a glob of white. I was so sad. I showed him the 8 X 10 I made of this for his teacher. He said the photo was much better than real life, but, really, those owls were so cute. I wish he had seen them.

11 comments:

  1. Cute baby owls and you got the shot perfectly.
    I bet the teacher will love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find, these pictures are adorable! I feel for you son, I am blind w/out my glasses too - next time he better wear them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are so cute and you got some wonderful photos! What a nice teacher to take the children to see them. I bet your son will be more willing to wear his glasses in future...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are too cute! I love their bright, green eyes! I'm right along with your son. I can't see at all without my glasses or contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so jealous. I would love to see baby owls. Your son has a wonderful teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a very near-sighted person, I really feel for your son. I'm sorry he didn't really get to see the owls. They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, your photography is amazing to me!!! So clear and spot-on! You should be very proud of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got so much detail in these babies - well done! I remember getting glasses very young and was amazed at what was out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I empathize with your son..I remember when I got glasses, there were actual leaves on the trees. I had always seen them before like kids draw them.
    This is a great picture....I just saw an owl in real life a few months ago. So jealous, now I am going to have to hunt some baby owls to shoot...by camera, of course!

    ReplyDelete