Sunday, April 26, 2009

APR 26, 2009 - The Band

I have to say, I love, today's, photo. My husband has played in a band for many years, and I don't have very many pics of him in action. My neighbor was nice enough to watch my kids for a little while, last night, so I could snap a few shots. OK, so I danced once, but most of the time it was all about business.


Also, I would like to give a shout out to Bethany the proprietor of Elegant Word Art. She made me a beautiful, new, signature for my photographs. She gives away plenty of free word art, so if you do digital scrapbooking, she's a great find.

And finally, I want to let everyone who checks my blog know that I will be posting every other day from now on. I am going to check other blogs on the days that I don't post. I have to lessen the load. I am really excited about the change though, because I know that this will, really, make it easier for me to keep on snapping!

9 comments:

  1. Great picture of your hubby "jamming"! What kind of band? I love going to hear music! Great idea about the every other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What! Not many photos of DH? It seems like there are not many photos of me, but lots of DH, since I carry the camera.

    I know what you mean about time getting away from you with the blogs. I am retired and can tell you that with the fun of photography and playing with the images, there isn't much time left for the blogs. I've given up scrapbooking and all the various sites that I used to visit daily.... And there is always someone who wants me to do just a little project for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful action shot. I love it! Great idea about the every other day. I keep finding myself so busy I don't get out to take the fun shots. So I just skip once and a while but I am trying to post at least 5 shots each week. I am forcing myself to make sure they were taken the day before too! really hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the band shot! You should get a babysitter more often so you can catch the action.

    I think you are so smart to adjust your approach to the challenge in order to make it work for you. I look forward to seeing your every other day postings and having you visit my blog when you can...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comment! I am just getting my site started, so the comments are very encouraging. I hope you try the soup!

    This is a cool shot, looks like you caught him in a serious jam session. The photo a day project is inspiring, it's like seeing through a different person's eyes, if only for a second each day. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great action shot. Looks like he is having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your rockin' husband, love your new elegant signature, and I completely understand how the blog can take over your life! I found it to be an especially daunting task for me during tax season at work. There was no time for posting daily images or blogging. And the stress was killing me. You're wise to realize this before giving it up completely out of frustration. And you're far too talented to ever do that! Good for you, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shot and I hope you had more than one dance! Hope you find the right balance...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rock on! Nice action shot.

    ReplyDelete