Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8, 2009 - Feline (97)


Just as I was leaving the park, I came across this cutie. The gal holding the cat was trying to find her a home. The girl's Dad was adamant that she could not bring the cat home, because they had four cats. She had already tried the humane society, but they were full. She was meeting a friend that she hoped to entice into taking the cat. I love cats, but my family is allergic. It was an adorable kitty, though.
The fstop was still at F-11 from the previous shots. The cat is adorable, but I probably should have softened the focus on that arm a bit. I brightened the cat's eyes with coffeeshop's powderpuff action and used coffeeshop's color pop action. I love both actions. The colorpop action has a fantastic sharpening feature (I like it more than unsharp mask.) and a nice the vignette.

8 comments:

  1. Good thing I didn't meet up with that cute kitty in the park! I couldn't have resisted taking her home! We've been cat-less for 2 years now and miss them. ;-)

    I love the way you fixed up the photo - really love soft quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie - that cat would have come home with me. I am such a sucker for baby cats and dogs. Beautiful composition and I love the colour pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got the cat just right for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I like the composition and what you've done to the picture. And the fact that the cat ain't placed in the middle of the picture. /Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great processing, but OMGosh what a cute kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those eyes are mesmerizing... great job and if the kitty didn't get a home you've made the perfect petfinder image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cats, too, but am happy that we only have one now. He is a handfull!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one cute kitty and his eyes are fabulous. Great editing.

    ReplyDelete